Saturday, January 12, 2008

McRaidNoMore Part Duex

Realistically, I'm done with raiding - I still like it but real life schedules don't quite allow for it. I have epic mounts for my 2 lvl 70's. I'm done with leveling alts (all 7 of them).

I enjoy PVP, and I especially enjoy Arena PVP. There's nothing else in the game that forces you to think so fast on your feet. Every encounter is different. There's only one thing that gets my adrenaline going in this game, and it's Arena matches. As an added bonus, PVP can be done almost anytime without need for scheduling. You don't need 10 to 25 people to coordinate their real life schedules to accomplish what you want to do in the game.

I love being feral spec. Being able to switch between crazy silly kitty dps and crazy silly bear survivability is fantastic. As a feral, you can solo so much content that theoretically is small group content. There's so much you can do, and so much you can contribute to groups and raids.

I've already mentioned how well resto druids do in 2v2 and 3v3 arenas. My guild isn't raiding, so they don't need a feral tank. I'm biting the bullet. I'm going resto to try out the vaunted arena spec (8/11/42). Uninterruptible cyclone, feral charge and lots of buffed Hots.

2 comments:

Shane said...

I have just started Resto 2vs2 as well. Its alot of fun but so frustrating with poor PVP gear.

Razorbax
threedruidnoob.blogspot.com

Whimsy said...

I know exactly what you mean, Razor. I'll post more about this later, but what it essentially comes down to is this:

1) You need PVP gear to perform well.
2) You get PVP gear from PVP'ing.
3) Therefore, you must suck at PVP for a while before you can perform well.

Kinda blows.