Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Drinkypoo's Theory of Battleground Healing

A guildmate, Drinkypoo, has a theory on battleground healing: Inspect all the warriors in the starting area, pick the best geared one and follow him/her around and heal him/her.

It's probably not a novel idea, but since I first heard it from him, that's whom I'll attribute it to.

A well geared arms/fury warrior can wreck havoc in battlegrounds. A well geared arms/fury warrior backed up by healing is a serious force to be reckoned with. I've seen that particular combo determine the outcome of PUG battleground matches. Assuming incompetent opponents (a reasonable assumption in a PUG), they'll focus on the first target they see (the warrior). He'll get more rage than he knows what to do with. Mortal strikes, whirlwinds, executes galore.

While not having played a lot of matches since I heard this theory, I've played a couple following fellow guildmate Kneegasher around. I'd have to say that so far, it's very effective.

No comments: